Job Title: Controller
Location: Charleston, SC
Are you an Excel ninja with a passion for financial modeling coupled with the rigor to create sound foundational accounting practices and financial reporting? Do you love a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial organization where you can take ownership and initiative to implement controls, assist the leadership team in having the information they need to make decisions and provide budgets and forecasts?
Allegiance Flag Supply is a growing, made-in-America flag manufacturer, wholesaler, and direct-to-consumer business that is seeking a dynamic Controller with experience in small to midsize business to join its Charleston, SC-based team.
Oversee the operations of Accounting and Finance, which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, payroll, treasury, and financial planning and analysis. This role is full-time, has an exempt status, and reports directly to a Founder. This is a hands-on role that would grow to include direct reports as the Company grows. The role works in-office at Allegiance’s downtown Charleston location.
- Creates and drives financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting and recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company's performance.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees accounts payable and cash management.
- Coordinates and oversees wholesale invoicing and collections.
- Manages treasury operations, including cash projections and banking relationships.
- Handles all aspects of month-end close and monthly financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Oversees payroll process and reporting.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Coordinates and works with outside accountants as needed for annual reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing, direct-to-consumer and wholesale operations a plus.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills.Google Sheets a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and payroll software, Quickbooks Online (QBO) is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant, MBA or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
Why Allegiance Flag Supply?
- Opportunity to work for a rapidly growing American-made consumer goods company dedicated to delivering innovation and the highest quality products.
- Collaborative and inclusive work culture that values employee growth and development.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- The chance to contribute to the creation of products that enhance people's lives.
- The opportunity to build supply chains throughout America, meeting and building relationships with suppliers all across our country.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com